Get in touch with our friendly team

Contact us
Garner Canning - Family



Legally, you and your spouse or partner usually share Parental Responsibility for your children, so this makes you equally responsible for making every effort to agree on matters concerning them. These range from which of you will look after the children day to day, the arrangements for the other parent to spend time with the children, financial provision, education, religious upbringing and so on.

If you cannot reach agreement, our lawyers can give you advice as to the appropriate steps to be taken. Whilst we can apply to the Court for a decision to be made regarding the arrangements for the children and represent you throughout the Court process, there are alternative means of resolving disputes concerning children that should always be considered first. We can correspond in writing with your former partner to propose arrangements in the hope that a written agreement can be reached, or we can refer you to Family Mediation.

Please contact us for more information.